Zahtar Restaurant is now Hiring!
We are seeking an experienced and qualified cook for a full-time position.
* Ensures food preparation and serving areas are clean to the standard of the safety and health laws as well as company policy.
* Prepares and cooks food, including adjusting food ingredients to accommodate customer’s allergies or specific diet concerns.
* Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
* Season food during cooking according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
* Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
* Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
* Check quality of ingredients and store food in temperature controlled facilities.
* Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
* Must possess skills and passion for cooking
* Organisational and Time-Management skills
* Able to work in high pressure environments
* Ability to work in a team
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of Middle Eastern cuisine (desirable)
Qualifications Required: Diploma in Commercial Cookery/Hospitality Management
Experience: Proven experience as a cook
We specialise in Middle eastern food and aim to share our taste of our family’s food and tradition of hospitality. If you share our love for food and hospitality, please contact us on 07 53263271.